THESE EVENTS HAVE BEEN CANCELLED DUE TO NOT ENOUGH TRADERS BEING ABLE TO COMMIT TO BEING PLASTIC FREE
As small business owners ourselves we have attended numerous shopping events in lots of locations & have, at many, struggled to make them a success. This, in our experience has mostly been down to poor footfall, lack of advertising on the day & also costs to attend being too high to make a profit.
We may have just found quite an enviable Leeds City Centre location to host our first plastic free shopping event. The venue is attached to The Arch Café which is adjacent to the Headrow entrance of the St. Johns Shopping Centre. As we're honest in what we do, we have listed what we perceive as the pros and cons of this location.
- Very high footfall Leeds City Centre location
- This would cost maximum £25 for a table + £7.50 for all day parking (This would be not for profit & is to pay for the event plus marketing materials only)
- Ground floor access with seperate wheelchair access
- Unique selling point of being a #PlasticFree event may attract extra publicity
- We have provisional dates booked throughout the year
- The event space could only cater for approx 10 traders
- No immediate access for loading/unloading (double yellow lines & disabled only)
- Nearest loading bays (2 available) are approx 150m away
- Nearest all day car parking for £7.50 is approx 500m by foot & 2 minutes by car.
- Dates TBC with the first event to be held in September
There are 2 table sizes available:
Rectangular table 1600mm x 800mm - Cost of £25 each
Circular table with diameter 900mm - Cost of £15 each
Or bring your own table for £20 (Subject to size)
Marketing of the event:
We have lots planned which we will reveal in due course, but at the initial event we plan not to trade ourselves so we can have 2 people outside marketing the event and driving footfall.
Other important details:
The event will be #PlasticFree which includes absolutely everything. If you are invited to trade at this event and have any form of plastic in your products or packaging you will be asked to leave and will not be refunded.
More information will be added in due course, but in the meantime if you have any questions or feedback please do get in contact.